Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 SSHRC Impact Awards
On December 4, the president of SSHRC, Ted Hewitt, presented the 2019 SSHRC Impact Awards to the five winners at a ceremony held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa. Government officials, policy-makers, academics, and other thought-leaders came from across the country to celebrate the significant contributions of these exceptional researchers to their research fields and their impact on society—nationally and internationally. As part of the awards ceremony, the 2019 winners of the annual Storytellers contest presented their winning submissions highlighting the impact of SSHRC-funded research projects.
This year’s Impact Award winners are:
- Gold Medal—Will Kymlicka, Queen’s University
- Talent Award—Jake Pyne, University of Guelph
- Insight Award—Leah F. Vosko, York University
- Connection Award—Robert Jan van Pelt, University of Waterloo
- Partnership Award—Marianne Ignace, Simon Fraser University
The awards recognize outstanding Canadian researchers and their research achievements, research training, knowledge mobilization, and outreach activities funded partially or entirely by SSHRC.
For each award, candidates are nominated by eligible Canadian institutions and are evaluated by a multidisciplinary jury made up of distinguished individuals from academia, as well as the private, not-for-profit and public sectors, from Canada and abroad. The jury selects award recipients according to the criteria associated with each of the five awards.
For more info:
- The SSHRC Impact Awards
- 2019 Impact Award Finalists
- Previous SSHRC Impact Award winners
- 2019 Impact Awards Jury Membership
- Date modified: