Update: SSHRC Online System
We are pleased to announce the application system is now back online for all active funding opportunities except for the SSHRC Doctoral Awards. In accordance with the Service Standards for SSHRC Online Systems, the deadline for the Insight Grants competition has been extended to Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 8:00 p.m. (eastern).
The SSHRC Doctoral Awards competition portal continues to be offline until system updates can be made. We anticipate the Doctoral Awards competition portal will be live on October 5. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
[ Updated: 2023-09-28 ]
Pre-announcement on the upcoming international joint research call: Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World
The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) for Social Sciences and Humanities, an unprecedented collaboration between humanities and social science research funders from South America, North America and Europe, is pleased to announce its third joint research call on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World (RRR).
Aim and scope of the call
The COVID-19 pandemic is a major crisis that touches on all aspects of health, as well as social, economic, political and cultural life. The T-AP research call on RRR aims to address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium- and long-term societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This understanding, in turn, should advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant social sciences and humanities research proposals that address one or more of the following five challenges:
- reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities
- building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society
- fostering democratic governance and political participation
- advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation
- ensuring effective and accurate communication and media
Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership. Each project must comprise at least three eligible principal investigators from at least three different T-AP participating countries from both sides of the Atlantic. Applicants are encouraged to start discussing possible projects with prospective partners.
The following funding organizations intend to support the RRR callFootnote **:
- Academy of Finland
- Croatian Science Foundation
- Department of Science, Technology and Innovation (Colombia)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research / DLR Project Management Agency (Germany)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (Canada)
- French National Research Agency
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)Footnote ***
- National Research Foundation (South Africa)
- National Science Centre (Poland)
- São Paulo Research Foundation (Brazil)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (Canada)
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- The German Research Foundation
- UK Research and Innovation – Arts and Humanities Research Council
- UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council
April 12, 2021
April and May 2021
|Compulsory Intention to Submit form deadline||
June 14, 2021
|Closing date for submissions of full proposals||
July 12, 2021
|Notice of funding decision||
|Successful projects start date||
March 1, 2022
The RRR call is expected to be launched on April 12, 2021. Please note that this pre-announcement is for information purposes only. It does not create any obligation for the T-AP nor for any of the participating funding organizations. All information provided in this pre-announcement is subject to change. The official call announcement (call for proposals and additional information) will be published on the T-AP website. If you have any questions, please contact Tapcovid19call@esrc.ukri.org.
- Date modified: