Call for proposals: Trans-Atlantic Platform launches Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World
The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) for Social Sciences and Humanities launches its third joint research call for proposals. The Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World (T-AP RRR) call brings together 16 humanities and social science research funding agencies, including the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), from 12 countries in South America, North America and Europe. T-AP RRR will support international projects that contribute to our understanding of the complex societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The São Paulo Research Foundation in Brazil is the lead organization for the call.
T-AP RRR is open to teams with members from at least three participating countries, representing both sides of the Atlantic. Research partners will receive funding from the national funding agency for their country, for projects that can last up to 36 months. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant social sciences and humanities research proposals that address one or more of five identified challenges:
- reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities
- building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society
- fostering democratic governance and political participation
- advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation
- ensuring effective and accurate communication and media
Collaboration through this call will enable researchers to:
- address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium- and long-term societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
- advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
- support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world
The deadline for final applications is July 12, 2021. Visit the T-AP website to learn more about the competition and the application process.
SSHRC will be offering a webinar about the competition. See Upcoming Webinars for the date and instructions on how to participate.
For more information, contact Patricia.MacCaughan@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca.
- Date modified: