Canada Biomedical Research Fund and Biosciences Research Infrastructure Fund—Stage 2: 4. Eligibility
All administering organizations must:
- have met the eligibility requirements for any one of the three federal research funding agencies (the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council [SSHRC], the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada [NSERC] or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research [CIHR]);
- in the case of a public institution, receive the funds for its operating budget directly from a provincial or the federal government, and not through another institution;
- in the case of a private institution, be not-for-profit and not receive its funding through another institution; and
- be eligible to receive and administer funds from the CFI for proposals that include a research infrastructure component.
Note: If an institution is not on SSHRC’s list of eligible institutions, it may, for this program only, be required to sign the Agreement on the Administration of Agency Grants and Awards by Research Institutions with SSHRC before receiving funds.
For proposals to be considered for CBRF-BRIF funding, they must:
- be endorsed by a research hub; and
- in the case of infrastructure or talent development components, directly support one or more proposals that include a research component.
Note: Proposals requesting funds to conduct clinical trials are not eligible for CBRF-BRIF support.
- Date modified: