New Frontiers in Research Fund launches interactive dashboard
The New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) introduces an interactive dashboard that highlights key data on NFRF competitions to date, providing valuable insights into how the fund is being awarded to the research community.
This new digital tool currently displays data on the 2018 and 2019 Exploration stream competitions, covering 2,222 research applications involving 556 organizations and 343 awards, totalling $88.2 million in investments. Data on Transformation and International stream competitions will be added once they are complete.
The dashboard lets the numbers tell the story. Viewers can quickly scan and understand the content through graphics and charts. Featured data from the Exploration stream include:
- awards by province and research institution size
- top sectors and countries of award recipients
- participation of designated groups (equity, diversity and inclusion)
- participation of early career researchers
- interdisciplinary research linkages
- participants by role (nominated principal investigators, co-principal investigators, co-applicants, collaborators)
This resource reflects the Government of Canada’s commitment to communicate transparently with the research community and the public.
NFRF is a federal research funding program that supports international, interdisciplinary, high-risk, transformative and fast-breaking research. The fund is an initiative of the Canada Research Coordinating Committee and is managed as a tri-agency program on behalf of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Date modified: