Instructions for Attachments
Prepare the documents
Prepare your attachments following the requirements below.
- Any acronyms and abbreviations must be explained.
- Pages must be 8 ½" x 11" (216 mm x 279 mm).
- Text must be single-spaced, with no more than six lines of type per inch.
- All text must be in black, using the 11 pt Arial font; condensed fonts will not be accepted.
- Margins must be set at a minimum of ¾" (1.87 cm).
- In multi-page attachments, pages must be numbered sequentially.
- The application identification number (i.e., NFRFx-xxxx-xxxxx) must appear at the top of each page of the attachment.
- No personally identifying information should be included in the headers and/or footers (e.g., name, PIN, institution, etc.).
- The name of the document must appear at the top (e.g., Literature References).
Convert the documents
All attachments must be converted to Portable Document Format (PDF) before they can be attached to the application. The conversion process varies with the operating system and word processing software you are using. If you have questions about converting your documents to PDF, contact your institution’s technical support staff.
If you do not have a PDF conversion program, you may download a free version of PrimoPDF. Macintosh users have a PDF conversion option in the Macintosh system "print" function.
- Date modified: