Your experience as a student working with SSHRC will allow you to:
- develop your skills;
- explore future employment opportunities;
- earn a competitive salary; and
- work within your academic schedule.
To be eligible for the Student Employment Program, you must:
- be enrolled as a full-time secondary or postsecondary student in a recognized institution and currently be recognized as having “full-time student status” by that academic institution;
- be returning to full-time studies for your next academic term; and
- meet the minimum age requirement to work in the province or territory where the job exists.
Students in their final year of academic study and not returning to full-time studies are only eligible to work part-time until the completion of their final full-time academic term.
The program renews each year at the beginning of January. Eligible students must re-apply to the program on an annual basis.
Employment opportunities are available part-time and full-time.
Rates of pay
Please refer to the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s Student Rates of Pay.
Create and update your personal profile, skills inventory and résumé
Sign up to be notified by email of job opportunities that match your criteria