Global Affairs Canada has partnered with SSHRC to launch its first International Policy Ideas Challenge for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers affiliated with Canadian postsecondary institutions. Participants are invited to submit their best ideas and solutions for Canada’s international policy challenges.
The top 10 entries will be invited to pitch their proposal virtually to a jury, which will select the three winning candidates. Each winner will receive $1,000 each, plus an additional $2,000 each to finalize their policy brief and present their paper to policy officials in Ottawa.
Proposals should be no more than 750 words, and should address one of the following policy research priorities:
- strengthening Canada's relations with North American partners, particularly the United States;
- adopting a North American approach to climate change and clean energy;
- re-energizing Canadian diplomacy and leadership in managing complex international crises;
- partnering with non-state actors in addressing global governance challenges; or
- making better use of data and technology in the development of international policy.
The deadline for entries is March 31, 2016.
For more information and entry guidelines, visit the Global Affairs Canada website.