Name of Transfer Payment Program: Grants and Scholarships (voted)
Start date: 1978
End date: No end date
Fiscal Year for Terms and Conditions: 2011-12
1: Canada is a world leader in social sciences and humanities research and research training
Programs and Sub-programs:
1.1 Talent: attraction, retention and development of students and researchers in the social sciences and humanities
- 1.1.1 Canada Research Chairs
- 1.1.4 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- 1.1.5 SSHRC Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships
1.2 Insight: new knowledge in the social sciences and humanities
- 1.2.1 Individual, team and partnership research grants
- 1.2.2 Institutional research capacity grants
1.3 Connection: mobilization of social sciences and humanities knowledge
- 1.3.1 Individual, team and partnership knowledge mobilization grants
- 1.3.2 Research-based knowledge culture
Description: This transfer payment program consists of grants and scholarships awarded for research, talent development and research dissemination activities in the social sciences and humanities.
- SSHRC-funded scholarship and fellowship recipients are employed in positions of leadership, research, management, etc., in Canada and internationally.
- SSHRC funds excellent social sciences and humanities researchers.
- Partners and researchers benefit from establishing linkages and mobilizing knowledge within and across their respective sectors.
Details of Transfer Payment Program ($ millions)
|Total Transfer Payments
Note: Planned spending for future years do not reflect future budget commitments.
* These figures do not include operating expenses.
Fiscal Year of Last Completed Evaluation:
Decision Following the Results of Last Evaluation: Continuation
Fiscal Year of Planned Completion of Next Evaluation:
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships Evaluation: 2014-15
- Tri-agency Evaluation of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships: 2014-15
- Institutional Research Capacity Grants Evaluation: 2015-16
- Tri-Agency Evaluation of the Canada Research Chairs: 2015-16
- Individual, Team and Partnership Research Grants Evaluation: 2015-16
- Research-Based Knowledge Culture Evaluation: 2016-17
General Targeted Recipient Group: Persons (students, researchers), non-profit organizations (charities, foundations, non-governmental organizations, universities and research institutions)
Initiatives to Engage Applicants and Recipients: A variety of engagement initiatives (webinars, site visits, telephone, email, online forums) are used as part of the regular competition cycle in order to give applicants and recipients opportunities to seek and receive information and to provide feedback on service delivery.